• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do we really need a Freight Forwarding License?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exportbusiness

What is the name of your state (FL).

Hello,

We would like to open a small vehicle export business in Miami,Fl. Basically what we would do is to load vehicles into containers to overseas customers and ship it out. I already find one NVOCC company and with them we would be able to make container bookings in the future without the license. I already talked to US Customs here and I was informed that they do not check if the company has a license or not. (They just only check if the vehicle was stolen). I checked the export businesses around here and most of the companies do not have the license either. So do I really need to apply for the Freight Forwarding License? I checked it and the applicant must have 3 years OTI experience. For what? To make a booking and to do some very basic paper work and then go to US Customs? I would like to have the license because that would be the legal way to do export business but I am not able to hire an employer with OTI experince just to get the license. What about if I will not apply and just do the business as others?!

Many thanks if someone could help me out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">