• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DOMAIN NAME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Funtime4al

I purchased a Domain Name a long time ago from the new .cc web, this Domain name has never been used or setup. I was contacted by a company from the .com web site who said that this name belongs to them, and that I should contact them to try to resolve this problem without costly legal fee's.
My question is if I just owen the name on the .cc web site and don't use it, do I still have any legal problem's with this company? Next, if I do or don't can I sell them back the name to resolve the problem?

THANK YOU

E

ed

You are correct. If you do not use the name, you will not infringe on a copyright. And yes, you could sell them the name if they will buy it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">