• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropped from 401k without authorization... Can I get my EPS Back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bribay

I started working for my company in feb. 1995. I started investing in the companies 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Program... It was an automatic deduction from my check, which is directly deposited into my bank account... The deductions started coming out right away and that's the last I thought about it...I realized in Aug of 1998 that in July of 1995 (3 yrs earlier) that they stopped deducting my 401k but continued to deduct my WESPP... I called them in Aug 1998 and they restarted my 401k deduction... They admit that they had no authority to stop or change my deductions, but that I'm out of luck, I should have noticed the extra money in my check...I don't think it's fair and I hope its not legal to change or stop my deductions, without a written or atleast a verbal confirmation with the plans authority... Is this the company who handles our investments' problem or is it my employers problem? Do I have any legal right to be able to have them go back and retro my earnings per share? I realize of course that I'd owe them all the money that they should have taken. Please help...
Thank You for your time
Brian

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">