• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Duped By Business Opp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShawnB

Living in California, I bought a "No Money Down" type real estate course over the phone for $5500. The business I purchased from is in Utah. I was led to believe that this was a "niche business" with little competition and that I could expect to get a return on my investment within about 3 months. Most of the sales pitch was a conversation dazzling me with thoughts of huge amounts of money, and qualifying me to see if I had anough credit to by the "full program". After exploring, testing, and even attending a seminar to get the system working, I now feel I was duped by false claims, and an agressive, deceitful sales pitch?

I bought the materials over the phone and was recorded agreeing to a "No Refunds" policy. Am I bound by this policy when it was based upon faulty information and a super-hyper sales pitch that was not recorded?

I sent all the materials back with a letter requesting a full refund, excepting the amount for the seminar which I offered to pay for since I DID attend.

A little wrench in the works: I sent the materials back within 3 months of the purchase date. However, I have NOT seen the original transaction billed on my credit card yet. Can they still bill me? Can I register a "Do Not Pay" claim with my credit card company? If I call my credit card company and report a stolen card, can I still be billed for a transaction that technically took place over three months ago? Your response is appreciated.

------------------
Shawn

H

HolyRoller

Can you say, "I am an idiot"?

Call you credit CAard company and put a nopay on that charge purchase. talk about a succker.

S

ShawnB

That's all there is to it? Can they sue? Do entities like that go after their money in court?

As far as the "Am i an idiot?"...OH YEAH! Feeling it several times over. Thanks for the confirmation. Ouch! :

[This message has been edited by ShawnB (edited September 18, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">