• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-Business, what kind of license and where?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Loct

Basically here is the deal, I am currently a college student living in Louisiana, but I am from Texas. So I am not a state resident in Louisiana, my question is this, I am interested in starting an e-commerce business, and I have no idea the type of license I need and from what state I would get it from? Since I have not been in Louisiana but a few months, and probably will only remain here for another year and then return to Texas, where do I obtain my license and what license would that be if I am the only owner?

H

hexeliebe

If you are a resident of Texas and you plan on returning there, the business bank account will be held there, you will need a business license from the city where you have your residence.

It's a sole proprietorship. Nothing fancy and the cost is probably going to be form $10 to $50.

It doesn't matter if you are an international studen or not. Foreign nationals are allowed to own businesses in this country under certain guidelines.

And before you ask, no, it doesn't matter where the server is located, in what language it is constructed or anything else about the business except where you conduct business, and that is where your residence is located.

However, you may be subject to international treaties depending on what you will be selling and with whom you come in contact through the website. So make sure you know what you're getting into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">