• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Economic Development Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2good4Trouble

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Lafayette, LA

Have a question for an attorney/lawyer that specializes in Economic Development. I have a federal government sponsored project that is in anticipation of a billion dollars in economic developmental support for construction and job development of a large green manufacturing endeavor. I have already self funding capacity for the incidentals and development cost however my question is, in order to qualify for approval in fed and state dollars I would need to have been in business for 5 years or more. Is purchasing a business in the same industry and expanding this business under the same umbrella the way to go?

The business in question has been in operation for over 68 years and I would qualify for funding presumably with this acquisition prior to application. Want to ensure that the decision to do so would be deemed both ethically sound and above board.

Please advise. Many thanks for reading and answering my post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">