• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Employee" problems help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stephen

I am a small contractor i have people who do work for me that are called "independent contractors" which only means they file self employed on thier taxes i keep them busy basiclly year round and i guess could be called employees i wanted to make things legal and wanted to "hire" them and take taxes out and let them reap the benefits but they didnt like that idea because it would mess up their sweet deal they have with IRS
so i offered to pay for them to get some disability insurance if they would go and get it but they didnt now im having to have them sign a wc40 or of the sort and still let me pay for some insurance for them, well they freaked out think im trying to pull something over on them but im only trying to keep my liability company off my back and still offering to pay for them which i dont have to do but one of them is getting cocky and saying hes not sighning anything unless i sign something saying i will pay for them i am ready to say forget it and let him go because of some of the things hes saying doesnt make me feel comfortable and think hell be the first to try something please i need help and need to concentrate on my job and not trying to help out so much sorry for the length.

P

PapaSmurf

GET RID OF THE GUYS WHO ARE MAKING YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, AND REPLACE THEM WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL WORK BETTER WITH YOU. As you said, there may be something going on, and you don't need the headache, or liability. It's your business, after all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">