• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

equipment lease fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

entwive

I am a small business owner in Illinois. In October of 1998 I entered into a lease agreement for a cappuccino machine with a local company. I was not given copies of these documents at the time of signing. I have requested full copies of these documents from both the coffee company and the leasing company by regular and certified mail to no avail. The coffee company disabled the equipment by removing the grinder and refusing to provide a manual. I continued making payments and requesting documents for one year. Finally, I advised the leasing company that no further payment would be made until documentation was provided. My credit has been damaged and I still have not received documents.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by entwive:
I am a small business owner in Illinois. In October of 1998 I entered into a lease agreement for a cappuccino machine with a local company. I was not given copies of these documents at the time of signing. I have requested full copies of these documents from both the coffee company and the leasing company by regular and certified mail to no avail. The coffee company disabled the equipment by removing the grinder and refusing to provide a manual. I continued making payments and requesting documents for one year. Finally, I advised the leasing company that no further payment would be made until documentation was provided. My credit has been damaged and I still have not received documents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have fresh grounds to sue the beans off them. Latte luck.

E

entwive

Thanks again homeguru! That is the first good laugh I have had in a while. I would not be writing in this forum if I could find an attorney willing to take on these small cases that I have posted. Many people find it hard to believe that these things have all happened in the past 8 months. So, how do I find an attorney? I have spoken to several and the interest in representing me is non-existent. Any suggestions that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by entwive:
Thanks again homeguru! That is the first good laugh I have had in a while. I would not be writing in this forum if I could find an attorney willing to take on these small cases that I have posted. Many people find it hard to believe that these things have all happened in the past 8 months. So, how do I find an attorney? I have spoken to several and the interest in representing me is non-existent. Any suggestions that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad that you found the perky humor and got a good laugh. The reason that you have not found and attorney is that your particular cases are all considered minor in nature with little value. Like small cups of decaf in a super grande espresso world. Wake up and smell the coffee. I have an idea. Excuse me, I've got to take a sip of my Kona Coffee Blend.........oh that morning brew.

Ok, I'm back. actually I was drinking Green Tea. My idea for you is to find a good general business attorney sort of like a General Practioner MD. This attorney can be on retainer and be your Legal Guy/Gal and handle all your cases. The cases in aggregate may be something, but individually eh, nothing to write home about. Flash the retainer check. Money talks and coffee that tastes like mud walks. Your GP attorney should be able to handle all these cases for you.

Until then sing a few bars of Java JIve. Ready, 1,2,3, hit it.....I love coffee, I love tea,...................

Take care, Joe Cuppa.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 05, 2000).]

E

entwive

Thanks again HomeGuru! Your suggestion is right on the money. However, your humor is even better! Enjoy your green tea, and except my sincere thanks.

HomeGuru

Thanks again HomeGuru! Your suggestion is right on the money. However, your humor is even better! Enjoy your green tea, and except my sincere thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll make an exception to the rule and except your sincere thanks. Thanks for accepting my responses.

Still Grinding.

E

entwive

OK HomeGuru, you caught me. I knew as soon as I sent the message that I typed except and not accept. 20 lashes with a wet coffee bean for me. Please ACCEPT my humble apology as well as my thanks!

HomeGuru

OK HomeGuru, you caught me. I knew as soon as I sent the message that I typed except and not accept. 20 lashes with a wet coffee bean for me. Please ACCEPT my humble apology as well as my thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it. Keep perking!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">