• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EVERYONE... PLEASE READ!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JETX

Before you post your 'debt collector called me, what can I do' story, do the following steps:

1) Read the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act) at the following website: http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm
You will clearly see what these scumbag debt collectors can, and more importantly CAN'T do to you. When and if they contact you again, make damn well sure that they know that YOU KNOW the FDCPA!!! Do NOT fall for their unscrupulous tactics. They will tell you ANYTHING to try to get money or a check from you!! Don't believe them. Finally, if you do owe the original debt, send your payment directly to the ORIGINAL debtor. If you are paying in full, get a written release from the debtor BEFORE making payment. It can be a very simple form... "Upon receipt of payment of $_______ the debt owed by (you) to (them) will be paid in full and all claims are released." Then make a copy of the check or money order before sending it to the ORIGINAL creditor.

2) Go to the following website and go to each of the pages listed in the left frame. Also, you can download and read his online book. http://budhibbs.com/freebook.htm
This guy sounds obnoxious, but seems to know his stuff! Finally, after doing all the above.. you will NOT need to post your 'story'.. you will be able to handle it yourself!!!

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">