• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX Business Partner - Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dre007

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Almost three years ago, I signed a commercial lease as a partnership. Well, a year ago I withdrew my partnership of the company BUT my name still remained on the lease. My EX business parter had complete ownership of the company.

Well, he "skipped out on the lease" a few months ago and left ALL the bills (i.e. utility bills) unpaid for months of which were still ALL in my name because he convinced me that his credit was awful and that he was unable to obtain ANYTHING in his name.

So, NOW I am left with all of these bills that are in MY name that have not been paid for months and months. Do I have legal standing to sue him for the payment of all of these bills??

Thank you so much!

Andrea

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">