• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX-CON

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael March

I have an opoprtunity to become involved with a newly formed corporation that will offer fine art for sale on the interenet. I have discovered that the presedent of this company was convicted and served jail time for stealing art. My question; is it legal for an ex-con to be an officer of a corporation that will be operating in the internet and will be publicly offered?
Thank you...

T

Tracey

Certainly it's legal. The real question is whether it's wise for you to get involved with a convicted art thief who's going to sell art on the net. If he steals more art and sells it, you could be liable as his accomplice. You'll have a hard time convincing a jury that you didn't know some of the art was stolen when you were aware of his background. Make sure you know exactly how the art will be acquired before you join the conspiracy.....

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">