• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX wife wants all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theshys

My wife and I recently opened up our own small business. We registered as "Husband & Wife" as the owners. I will be going back to court soon with my ex wife for support and although I am still willing to pay what I am currently ordered, I dont want the courts to think that I am 100% owner. I was thinking of making my new wife 75% owner and me 25% owner. What kind of legal agreement must we do to hold up in court? Can we draft something up ourselves and get it notarized or must we get a laywer involved to draft an agreement up? Thank you kindly in advance.

ALawyer

The divorce court from marriage one will see thru anything like that in a second if it is not based on capital invested and time spent and relative capabilities to run the business -- ask your divorce lawyer if it makes a difference -- courts order support based on income not value in most cases.

And be cautious about putting everything or too much in wife 2's name. If you and she split she gets her share and then starts on yours.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">