• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to file fed tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maniac

I haven't filed fed income tax in 6 years. I have more taken out so I don't have to pay in the end,if I had filed. Won't go into why I have been a total bonehead on this. How screwed am I ? Will get a lawyer,just trying to see how it may go.
Thanks For any replies!!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maniac:
I haven't filed fed income tax in 6 years. I have more taken out so I don't have to pay in the end,if I had filed. Won't go into why I have been a total bonehead on this. How screwed am I ? Will get a lawyer,just trying to see how it may go.
Thanks For any replies!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your intention to get back into the system. You will be required to file the returns anyway and pay the nonfilers penalties and interest if any. You are not too screwed just as long as things are cleared up, you are current and will file in the future.
Next time, file the returns even if you note zero tax liability.

Signed,
Revenue Agent 1040
Special Collections

Note: this message is sent in conformance with the Paper Reduction Act as long as you do not print it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">