• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing a lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terriwithat

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

We are small business owners. My husband is a sub-contractor and does installations of warehousing systems.. We did a job in 2004 and the company (A.I.T.) still owes us $14,500. They are refusing to pay, due to the fact that they do not have the $. This company, along with another that he owns, are both incorporated. The first company that owes us the $, is supposedly filing bankruptcy sometime in the near future. The second company that he owns, is liquidating all assets, which includes 18 different homes they own. I guess my question is....how can we get our $? What type of lien do we file, and can we file it against the company as well as the individual? I am asking this because as he liquidates the homes from the 2nd company, is it possible that a lien filed would insure our $? Also, is a mechanic's lien the type that we need to file? The actual work was done at a completely different company. A.I.T., being the contractor, with us the sub-contractor. Too many questions! Thank you so much for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">