• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

financial advisors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunny

My husband retired in 1997 and asked a financial advisor of a major financial company if he should roll over his portion of his public employee retirement account and if he did would he have more income and be able to leave some to his heirs. The financial advisor's response was yes to both items and he detailed a plan. So we proceeded to roll over his account into the financial company's annuity and we have made less money than was projected (3% growth last year in one of the hottest years) and we have been taking 10% income off the account a year. So needless to say, we have lost an average 400-500 dollars a month income since 1997 and since the latest down turn in the market we have lost about 60,000 of our initial investment. We get no advice from this financial advisor whatsoever.. Do we ahve any recourse? Can we file a suit to recover the lost income due to the mismanagement of our annuity?

ALawyer

It sounds as if the financial advisor was an insurance salesman. If there was fraud or misrepresentation you have rights. You may have to go to arbitration, depending on the exact product you bought. Check out FreeAdvice.com under Securities law and broker disputes for starters.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">