• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(FL) Self Owned PC repair company req. to have insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x1987x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am self-employed by operating a small ($7-12K/yr) computer repair business with no other employees and my house functions as my office. A customer recently refused to pay a job until I provide "proof of insurance in-case they get audited." (I think that's BS) I have done jobs before with them and they never asked for my 'proof of insurance' I probably told them I do not have insurance. I called my dad's insurance company they said I couldn't be added to his 'window cleaning business' liability insurance policy, the pricing is out of my income range and the representative told me if a customer "asks you to do a job and they know you do not have insurance then they cannot use it against you to not pay a job."

My question is: Is there some law or other rule I can cite to them as proof of what the representative said ?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">