• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgot to charge their Credit Card!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blondie53185

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Back in May, I received a credit card authorization slip from a client but forgot to put the charge through. It is now September, can I still put the charge through? Is there a statute of limitations on this? Do you know where I can find the actual citing of the law?

Thank you,

Blondie53185

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Back in May, I received a credit card authorization slip from a client but forgot to put the charge through. It is now September, can I still put the charge through? Is there a statute of limitations on this? Do you know where I can find the actual citing of the law?

Thank you,

Blondie53185
Why don't you call the client and discuss the matter with them. If you put the charge through you are opening yourself up to a chargeback and one ticked off customer.

justalayman

Not sure of any statute that would prevent it but your merchants agreement might have an issue with it. Contact your merchant advisor and ask them if they have a problem with it.

justsomecop

It depends if the customer received services from you or your business that they believed had to be paid in order for them to receive any services. If you provided a service for fee under legal law you can accept the payment.

justalayman

It depends if the customer received services from you or your business that they believed had to be paid in order for them to receive any services. If you provided a service for fee under legal law you can accept the payment.
from the first post:

Back in May, I received a credit card authorization slip from a client but forgot to put the charge through.
the client had made the attempt to pay them. It is not like OP is charging the card for a debt not specifically authorized by the client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">