• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Formed an LLC with someone, now they're mia.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikekob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

A couple months ago a co-worker and I formed an LLC with the goal of having a functioning business. This was about three months ago and since i have done quite a but of work and he has done none. His hang up is a girl. So at this point I can't get ahold of him and plan on continuing with the business. If I have to disolve I will but i'd rather keep the name.

What are my options? Can i disolve to get his name off the. Re-form without him? Should I just disolve and have a different name?

The business was so young we never had an operating agreement. Basically within a few weeks of forming it all went to **** and I can't get a hold of him.

Thanks,

Mike

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

A couple months ago a co-worker and I formed an LLC with the goal of having a functioning business. This was about three months ago and since i have done quite a but of work and he has done none. His hang up is a girl. So at this point I can't get ahold of him and plan on continuing with the business. If I have to disolve I will but i'd rather keep the name.

What are my options? Can i disolve to get his name off the. Re-form without him? Should I just disolve and have a different name?

The business was so young we never had an operating agreement. Basically within a few weeks of forming it all went to **** and I can't get a hold of him.

Thanks,

Mike
Personally, I would dissolve it and start over with a different name. Assuming of course that you can dissolve it on your own.

Mikekob

I'll look into it. When we filed my name is the only name on the document and his is on an attached pdf. Is it possible to ammend the document now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">