• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Former employer ruining a business! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Littleboy

What is the name of your state?
Arkansas
My friend has a business in Arkansas that buys product from vendors that another business man buys product from as well. This particular buiness man is a former employer of my friend and his associates and is calling up the vendors and threatening to pull his business if they (the vendors) do not cease from selling to my friend. Obviously this man does not want my friend to succeed. I know this is not moral, but what can be done for my friend? He needs help deciding on what position to take. Can anyone help out??
Thanks

matti422

The businessman has the right to request this. The vendor has the right to refuse it. The decision to be made is by the vendor and will probably be done on a cost-benefits basis rather than a "moral" basis. Profits keep companies solvent, not morals. Sucks, but true.

Littleboy

matti422,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, you're right. But this guy is not asking, he's threatening these vendors. Sounds like extortion to me. Yes, the vendors can say no but they will lose his very profitable business. This guy is a real piece of work....He's a piece of something!!! :eek:
I realize morals play a small if nonexistent role in business, but I personally like to be able to sleep good at night. Also, I like to know where I'm going when it's all over. It's ALWAYS about the money! :mad:
Thanks again. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">