• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Free Wine?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DWissner

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Is is legal to offer a glass of wine to a customer shopping if you do not charge them for the drink? Of course I'm talking about adults over 21.

I've seen this on lots of special events but not as a normal busiess practice (although I have heard of a few places).

Some Random Guy

Its legal in indiana, though a bit strange to see people giving away free shots in liquor stores.

Unfortunately you are in michigan and you are not a winery or distiller.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-436-2025
Section 436.2025

MICHIGAN LIQUOR CONTROL CODE OF 1998 (EXCERPT)
Act 58 of 1998

436.2025 Giving away alcoholic liquor; samplings or tastings of alcoholic liquor; sales to intoxicated persons prohibited.

Sec. 1025.

(1) A vendor shall not give away any alcoholic liquor of any kind or description at any time in connection with his or her business, except manufacturers for consumption on the premises only.
...... (continued)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">