• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fundraiser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

McViera

I have an idea I have been working on and have a question about the legalities. What I would like to do is to create a coupon book of local businesses including savings on dining and entertainment that is targeted toward families with young children. I would like a portion of the proceeds to benefit 3 local organizations that help families and children. One is a community college, one is Early Intervention, and the other is a support group. My question is what percentage of the profit would be given to these organizations? Can I keep part of the profit as an administrative fee? Also, Should I have these organizations sign an agreement to use their name on the book? Any additional input is appreciated.Thank you for your time!!

T

Tracey

You can give whatever portion you like to each charity. You can keep whatever portion you like as an administrative fee to cover the costs of compiling, publishing, & marketing the book. ("A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book go to X, Y, & Z.") Definitely get written authorization to use the charities' names. You might contact a local coupon book publisher & see if the president will let you ask questions if you buy him/her lunch.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">