• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fundraiser for an individual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vanir

Hi there. I live in Illinois, and I have a question about the laws governing fundraisers for an individual. I apologize if this message is off-topic, but I didn't really see any forums directly related to what I had to ask.

I have a friend who has some very nasty health problems going on, so our karate organization wants to hold a fundraiser to try to help him out with his medical bills. The only thing we're worried about is that we're not a nonprofit organization, and we don't have any idea what's legal to do and what's not or who to ask to find out. The money would be going directly to my friend, the dojo is simply sponsoring the event.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know who to ask about these things? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Matt Dukes
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">