• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

garnishments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brich

Is there a staute of limitations on how long someone has to collect a judgement? Arbitrator issued judgement but it has been years since the party has attempted to collect. Now I receive a copy of a request for garnishment. Is there a time limit in which this should have been done?
Also, can they garnish social security checks?

STILL LOOKING FOR HELP !!!

[This message has been edited by brich (edited August 21, 2000).]

E

Eyes426643

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brich:
Is there a staute of limitations on how long someone has to collect a judgement? Arbitrator issued judgement but it has been years since the party has attempted to collect. Now I receive a copy of a request for garnishment. Is there a time limit in which this should have been done?
Also, can they garnish social security checks?

[This message has been edited by brich (edited August 10, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would like to know if you recieve any information about garnishing a SS check. MY E-Mail address is Eyes [email protected] Please Please let me know if it can be garnished Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">