• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General Partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I was in a general partnership that was dissolved in May 2000. The other partner has essentially ruined the business during the last 2 years of operation. He has possesion of all of the business records at his residence now and I cannot get him to provide information to our accountant or our banker to resolve outstanding tax and loan issues I am liable for. Is there anything I can do to limit my liability and force him to provide the information required to bring the business to a legitimate end?
thanks,
Doug

T

Tracey

A a partner, you have an absolute right to inspect the books at any time. Get a court order requiring him to produce the books AND requiring him to pay your costs for obtaining the order. Send a certified letter demand first, telling him that you'll go to court if he doesn't give you the records by Friday.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">