• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General rights of ownership - LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llcmember

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Hello,

I am a 36% owner ("member") of a Louisiana LLC. There are 2 other members: a 51% investor and 13% individual. Our Art. of Organization require 2/3 vote for any major events (dissolution, sale of assets, dilution of membership units, etc). It also requires that I have an automatic appointment to the Board of Managers.

With a new CEO in the company there is a pattern of non-disclosure developing... ie, financials not being produced, manager's meetings being delayed, instructing employees to get CEO permission prior to speaking with me, etc..

My question is: What are standard rights for members with significant ownership in such a closely help private firm?

Can someone also address the following specifically... yes or no answer is ok.

As a 36% owner, can I:

1- Unnanounced, go to the office and, with unfettered access, review:

a- Bank statements, including deposits and checks,
b- Contracts, orders, invoices, etc,
c- All financial records, direct from the accountants,
d- Charts of accounts, expense statements, petty cash registers, etc,
e- Customer related documents, proposals

2- Without prior approval, discuss related business with any employee or contractor

3- Without prior approval, discuss related business with any customer, prospective customer, vendor, partner or affiliate

4- Without prior approval, contact attorneys, accountants and other professional service providers

5- Demand login access and passwords to company servers, web sites (online access to view bank statements), etc.

TIA,

llcmember

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">