• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting myself into deeper doo doo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Djournaliz

I need serious help!! I received a summons about a month ago and I haven't responded at all. It's from a collection agency collecting for a non-profit organization. I know I have to pay them back and everything, so I'm not trying to deny their claims, but I just really have no idea what to do! I obviously can't afford an attorney and I have no idea how to respond in 'proper legal form.' Call me please!! 323/866-3285 w 818/759-4817 h OR e-mail me please!! [email protected], [email protected] NEED HELP FAST!! I'd be ever so grateful!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Djournaliz:
I need serious help!! I received a summons about a month ago and I haven't responded at all. It's from a collection agency collecting for a non-profit organization. I know I have to pay them back and everything, so I'm not trying to deny their claims, but I just really have no idea what to do! I obviously can't afford an attorney and I have no idea how to respond in 'proper legal form.' Call me please!! 323/866-3285 w 818/759-4817 h OR e-mail me please!! [email protected], [email protected] NEED HELP FAST!! I'd be ever so grateful!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Provide more info. What are the circumstances that they are collecting? How do you owe them money? Did you promise them a donation? That's why they are not for profit because you have not paid and they cannot make a profit.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 18, 2000).]

D

Djournaliz

They are collecting for USC. I haven't paid for my last semester yet. It was summer school and financial aid doesn't cover summer semesters. So I still owe them a little under $8000. I've only made one payment - of $100 - and their claim is that I had setup a payment plan with them, but didn't follow through, which is true. And I'm probably about to lose my job, so things are only getting worse for me. Thank you SO much for any advice/help you can give ~ [email protected] =)

[This message has been edited by Djournaliz (edited August 18, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">