• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting rid of the partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Oksana

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a corporation with 3 shareholders. The third shareholder has 10 % of the shares, which were given to him in exchange for his promise to provide clients and connections to the corporation. He also paid $1000.00 for his 10,000 shares (each share costs $1.00). This guy never provided any services, all attempts to contact him failed. Now the other 2 shareholders want to get rid of him and they want their 10,000 shares back.
These two shareholders also made an agreement with this guy by which they somehow give him 1/3 of the business. Did they form a partnership by this agreement?
Is there anyway to get rid of this guy without dissolving a corporation?

Thank you in advance
Best regards

H

hexeliebe

There is not enough information

to give you a good answer but I have some for you?

Do you have the articles of incorporation?

Is he listed as a stockholder?

Is the agreement giving him shares in exchange for services in writing?

Is this a legal corporation or a partnership?

Do the partners have the right, under the articles of incorporation, to give away 1/3 of the corporation?

This is just a sample of the questions you need to answer before anyone can give you a decent answer.

O

Oksana

Thanks for the answer! I actually have already asnwered these questions and know what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">