• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Giving Homebrewed Alcohol as a Business Gift?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brewhaha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi, as a homebrewer, I don't need a license or inspection of brewing facilities as long as I don't brew over a certain amount of gallons per year and don't sell my beer and wine. Check.

I also own my own company. Check.

Can I give away my homebrew as business gifts to customers? Uh-oh.

Do I need to somehow separate the two (my business customers/giving them a homebrew) so it's not a conflict of interest or something?

Last edited:

swalsh411

Unless you tie this gift to a certain sale, or say "You will get a case if you buy XX amount" you should be fine. Is your beer any good? Lol

brewhaha

Haha... I sure hope so!

I like it, and I haven't bought beer at the store in a long time... but I am a little nervous to give it to a customer!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi, as a homebrewer, I don't need a license or inspection of brewing facilities as long as I don't brew over a certain amount of gallons per year and don't sell my beer and wine. Check.

I also own my own company. Check.

Can I give away my homebrew as business gifts to customers? Uh-oh.

Do I need to somehow separate the two (my business customers/giving them a homebrew) so it's not a conflict of interest or something?
**A: what did the liquor licensing agency tell you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">