• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good Idea?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrmiller482

I have a question regarding an internet business idea that I have. This possible web site will basically be a library of copyrighted documents that I have gathered. I will charge a very modest monthly fee to be a member so the customer is able to search my library of documents. The monthly fee I charge would be for the convenience of being able to go to one website for all of this info instead of having to search through hundreds of websites for the same info. Also, these documents are available and open for download by anyone on their native websites free of charge. But, is my business idea illegal because of the fact that these documents are copyrighted?

High&Low

So you are basically charging people to tell them where on the internet they can go to download some free copyrighted documents?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">