• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

half owner refuses to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherryk45231

ohio
bought a house with boyfriend who is on the loan and the deed... have had the house for 2 1/2 years and he refuses to work or pay any of these expenses... i am trying to sever this mess and he is telling me i have to buy him out... there is no equity in the house due to restructuring the loan....and he hasn't paid anything....my shoulders are tired from carrying all this burden.... can i sue him for his half? there was no money put down on this house.What is the name of your state?

divgradcurl

sherryk45231 said:
ohio
bought a house with boyfriend who is on the loan and the deed... have had the house for 2 1/2 years and he refuses to work or pay any of these expenses... i am trying to sever this mess and he is telling me i have to buy him out... there is no equity in the house due to restructuring the loan....and he hasn't paid anything....my shoulders are tired from carrying all this burden.... can i sue him for his half? there was no money put down on this house.What is the name of your state?
You could sue him for half, but what evidence -- such as a contract or other written agreement -- do you have to prove that he agreed to pay half?

If there is no equity, he should be cheap to buy out -- maybe that's the easiest way?

shane72

First off do you share a joint checking account?If not you have proof though bank statements.I would contact the bank or finance company whom the loan is through.you might be able to have him removed from the loan agreement.

divgradcurl

First off do you share a joint checking account?
How is that relevant?

If not you have proof though bank statements.
Proof of what?

I would contact the bank or finance company whom the loan is through.you might be able to have him removed from the loan agreement.
Why would you want him off of the loan? What the OP needs is to get him off of the deed -- and you either need the ex's permission or a court order to do that. If you simply get him off of the loan, then the ex will have a 1/2 interest in the property with NO liability for the loan. That's the last thing the OP needs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">