• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harmful actions towards my business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jersey1

I am a small, tax paying business registered in NJ.
100% of my work is accrued though the internet. I post topics featuring the work(s) I create, then generate new clients through those site.

One particular site (quite a large member base) has been maliciously attacking my reputation by controlling/editing and manipulating my company "feedback" thread. They omit "good" feedback, yet leave (and encourage) negative feedback. As of lately, this feedback is taking a massive toll on my business's revenue and reputation.

I am interesting in finding out (if possible) how to cease this. I would like to remove myself, and anything pertaining to me/my business from this site. Are they obligated upon request to remove me and my feedback thread? I would prefer to just cut ties with the site. Can they retain my feedback, axe me off the site? Because I am a business, isn't this defamation of character...is there anything to protect my business?

swalsh411

So stop posting at this site. You can't force them to take down feedback they have received about you anymore than a restaurant owner can force yelp to take down feedback.

quincy

I am a small, tax paying business registered in NJ.
100% of my work is accrued though the internet. I post topics featuring the work(s) I create, then generate new clients through those site.

One particular site (quite a large member base) has been maliciously attacking my reputation by controlling/editing and manipulating my company "feedback" thread. They omit "good" feedback, yet leave (and encourage) negative feedback. As of lately, this feedback is taking a massive toll on my business's revenue and reputation.

I am interesting in finding out (if possible) how to cease this. I would like to remove myself, and anything pertaining to me/my business from this site. Are they obligated upon request to remove me and my feedback thread? I would prefer to just cut ties with the site. Can they retain my feedback, axe me off the site? Because I am a business, isn't this defamation of character...is there anything to protect my business?
I suggest you have an attorney in your area personally review the website and the negative feedbacks posted about your company and go over with you the effects of the feedback on your business.

If feedback is manipulated and edited in such a way that it presents an inaccurate picture of your business and your business reputation has suffered unfairly as a result, it is possible you may have a legal action to pursue.

As to getting the website to remove material already posted, if they will not do it upon your request, perhaps a letter from an attorney threatening legal action could work. Otherwise you would probably need to seek a court order.

Again, a personal review of all of the facts, by an attorney in your area, is your best way to determine what your options (legal and otherwise) are.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">