• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassing E-mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

photobiz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I recently got an e-mail from someone who identified himself to be part of this photography society of some sort. He said that his records indicate that I don't have a vendors license and that he wants me to e-mail him back by a certain date with the vendor license information (number, issues to, etc.). I have a license but because this organization is obviously not related to any governmental agency whatsoever and they are clearly on a witch hunt to scare young or new photographers I am not comfortable with giving them any of my information. I do, however, want to respond to the e-mail and make them go away. I am wondering a) how I should go about responding and b) if it is even legal for them to send a threatening e-mail with such inquiries?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

VeronicaLodge

i would either not respond to him or respond with " who are you, who are you with, and for what purpose do you need this information" you might want to throw in, "under what law are you entitled to this information"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">