• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Haven't received the goods

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeanna

Hello, I ordered something back in January.
My check was cashed in mid Feb. The delivery time was 12-16 weeks. I have called a number of times only to get the run around. I have been told this is fraud by default? I do not know what to do, any suggestions?

Jeanna

JETX

Regretfully, since payment was made by check, you are not afforded the protections for credit card purchases.

Assuming that this was an out-of-town purchase, you are relegated to the following options:

1) Filing and pursuing mail fraud complaint with the U.S. Postal Inspectors (assuming that the US mail was used to send or solicit payment). Call your local post office for instructions.
2) Filing a small claim action against the merchant. This might be done in your local jurisdiction if the judge allows it AND the defendant does not file for venue.
3) Write the merchant a letter, sent certified. In it demand your money back or your ordered product. Threaten with both US Postal fraud AND reporting to Federal Trade Commission. Try to send to attention of the owner of the company.
4) Write it off as a lesson in 'shoulda'. Like in 'shoulda' used a credit card, or 'shouldn't' have sent a check.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">