• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Business Law topics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LeonaSloan

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Can anyone suggest any interesting business law topics- I have a 10 page paper due in April & I am open to all suggestions

Thank you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LeonaSloan said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Can anyone suggest any interesting business law topics- I have a 10 page paper due in April & I am open to all suggestions

Thank you!

My response:

I would suggest discussing the "Rule Against Perpetuities" in regard to commercial leasehold rights, and reformation. Discuss the advantages to the leaseholder, and the disadvantages to the lessor.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I suggest the topic of UCC 201 (Uniform Commercial Code)and the use of non recourse letters of credit provided to a first mortgage lender that has a recorded mortgage and UCC financing statement on Hartford leasehold property owned by the borrower who is a joint venture consisting of 2 limited partner entities. The lender has filed foreclosure due to default of the terms and conditions of the mortgage and has demanded that the commercial tenants of the borrower pay rents directly to the lender as specified in the assigment of rents addendum to the mortgage note. Additionally, the industrial warehouse property has a mechanics lien filed due to non payment of tenant improvement work by one of the tenants, who is claiming that the master lessor (fee simple owner) signed a defective application to apply for a CPR (Condominum Property Regime). And the contractor that filed the lien coerced the (AHJ Authority Having Jusrisdiction) into accepting the certification of the "as-built" condition by the structural engineer thereby waving an additional third party inspection by the lenders' insurance company and real estate appraiser. Lastly, one of the limited parterships has filed BK, and the attorney for the surety company has filed a motion for relief of automatic stay.

Last edited:
L

LeonaSloan

Thank you for your ideas! I'm going to look up the topics on the web & see what I come up with.

Leo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">