• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Need advice on difficult customer that threatened our reputation with slander!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlkinsella

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MD

Hi,

I need advice about a customer that has completed our course she bought in full, has opened it, used it and completed it fully as well as gotten her certificate. however she is saying that because she did not receive a few replies that we DID send to her that she is going to SLANDER our company online by posting messages in ALL OPEN forums saying to people to NOT buy from us and telling them what she thinks about our company as well as file a complaint with the BBB IF We do not refund her money in FULL 100% ASAP!

We explained to her that our refund policy is that they have 14 days to review the course and return it UNOPENED for a full refund if they want their money back with in 14 days after buying the course / getting it.

We also explained that we DID reply to her emails and we have a copy of the replies we sent to her, that we are not sure why she did not get a copy of them.

Also, we explained to her that we answered a lot more then just a few emails over the course period as well as managed, reviewed and logged her grades, answered online support questions, etc.

She had posted on our forum that she was not going to pursue the MT Career any longer and was going to sale her digital transcriber and was going into another career.
Yet, in her email to US, she stated that she was going to have to go with another course even after completing ours because she did not get the support she needed by not getting replies to a few emails and she did not like the course materials. When we asked about her post on the forum, THEN she emailed back saying that she was not taking another course that she sold her transcriber and she was going to do another line of work and therefore that is even more reason we should refund her money because she felt she waisted her time and money on a career she is not going to pursue.

I feel it is not our fault if she changed her mind on her career. Also, she completed the course in FULL and waited until then to ask for a refund.

What rights do I have if I do not refund her money and she does slander me on forums that could cost me future sales and if she files a false report with the BBB that goes on my record forever and could hurt future sales as well.
I almost refunded her money just to not deal with her / it, however then ohthers could feel they could threaten our reputation and get a full refund after doing the course as well; so I decided to stand behind our Refund Policy and not refund her money as I feel we did everything we could to be there for her as a customer.

She also said she would contact other students that she has talked with and she will tell them bad things about our company to encourage them to NOT go forward with our course.

What can I do? How do I approach her in regards to if she does do this online what could happen legally from our end, but in a professional way?

Thanks,

Julie - [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">