• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOME BASED BUSINESS RIP-OFF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

apollo2212

I sent $180. to receive a disk with forms to download so I can fill in the provided information, print out the forms, and get $20. for each form I fill out. The agreement I signed was not to duplicate any of the forms for competing companies. After receiving the packet, it was then explained that the names were not provided and a lot of outside research and time was going to have to be spent finding out the information needed in order to fill out the forms. In order to get your refundable deposit back, you needed to fill out 20 forms and then it would be refunded to you. I sent everything back to the company and asked for my money back stating that information regarding what was required to do the job was misleading. They also failed to mention anything about obtaining permits and licenses in thier introduction. If anyone wants to see exactly what I am referring to, www.aviathome.com is the site. What I want to know, is there anything I can legally do to get my money back from this company? I have all the information they sent to me plus copies of emails and letters I have sent to them and they have sent to me. I know I am in the right and hope someone has some good advice.

T

Tracey

If you paid by credit card, dispute the charge. Otherwise, you'll have to sue them in small claims court. Good luck.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">