• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Office Legal Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mattsrh

I am considering working from home, although the business is not home based. I will be a salaried partner of the firm operating from home (location is 60 mile daily commute, home office is for convenience).

I already have DSL and an adequate home computer system, I just need to install a new phone line. Do I need to pay for the business phone line and change to business DSL, or can I just install a regular phone line and use it for business?

H

hexeliebe

Somehow I knew you'd catch this one Jet...that's why I left it alone :D

D

Dila

Keep the existing line and DSL. If you use your DSL service primarily for business use, you should expense it. Get distictive ring and call waiting and expense those, or just get another line and expense it. Some fax machines can recognise various distinctive rings. Fax via email can be free if you don't mind a remote area code. Congrats on coming home!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">