• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can you get free local legal advice before starting a service?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fracekm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Im a college student with a great app idea. It will allow users of the app to perform a certain service for money. That sounds very vague, but its all I can really say without giving away my idea. I just have a few legal questions that I would like answers to find out if the app is even legal. Only problem is that Im a college student and don't have tons of money to be throwing towards lawyers. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting my questions answers in confidentiality at a free or low cost? Thanks

P.S Please dont say just ask them on this forum because in doing so I would be subjected to putting my idea out into the internet for anyone to steal.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Im a college student with a great app idea. It will allow users of the app to perform a certain service for money. That sounds very vague, but its all I can really say without giving away my idea. I just have a few legal questions that I would like answers to find out if the app is even legal. Only problem is that Im a college student and don't have tons of money to be throwing towards lawyers. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting my questions answers in confidentiality at a free or low cost? Thanks

P.S Please dont say just ask them on this forum because in doing so I would be subjected to putting my idea out into the internet for anyone to steal.

Thanks
Why are you going to college? I suspect that you are going to college so that you can use your degree to get in to a career to support yourself and (eventually) your family. You would like to have a stable place to live and food on the table, right? Of course, you're also going to have to pay down that student loan (if you have one.)

Why do you think that attorney's don't have the same concerns? They need to eat. They need to pay rent (and/or their mortgage). They need to pay off their educational loans. Why would you expect them to work for free?

FlyingRon

Lawyers, like just about anybody else, are unwilling to generally do work that they do for a living for free. Depending on just what assistance you need you may find information at various places like the public library, legal aid (perhaps at your university), or other programs for small business startups such as at this site:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Lawyers, like just about anybody else, are unwilling to generally do work that they do for a living for free. Depending on just what assistance you need you may find information at various places like the public library, legal aid (perhaps at your university), or other programs for small business startups such as at this site: http://asbtdc.org[/url][/QUOTE]

Why should we work for free? I have bills to pay just like most people. Can't pay them on air.

tranquility

While many attorneys do pro bono work (Free or nearly so.), they do it for the public good. No attorney is going to give a big discount for legal questions from a person with a profit-making motive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">