• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I collect a Promisory Note?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BIGtrouble

I have a promisory note in which I don't know how to collect. The note is signed by 2 individuals as well as the same 2 people as officers of an Ohio Corporation. The problem is they have moved and their phone numbers are unlisted. If I can even find them i'm not sure how to force them to pay. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BIGtrouble:
I have a promisory note in which I don't know how to collect. The note is signed by 2 individuals as well as the same 2 people as officers of an Ohio Corporation. The problem is they have moved and their phone numbers are unlisted. If I can even find them i'm not sure how to force them to pay. Any suggestions?? Thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Two words: Private Investigator.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

JETX

Actually, you have three parties on this note, the two individuals and the corporation. From the way that they signed, I assume you find the corporation, you find the individuals.

Every corporation has to be registered with the state that they are incorporated in. I assume that your's is in Ohio. Contact the Ohio Secretary of State and find out who the Statutory Agent for the corporation. Contact that person. They should be able to tell you the status and current location of the corporation.

Ohio Secretary of State, Business Services Division
180 E. Broad St., 16th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
614.466.3910 fax 614.466.3899
Toll Free: 1-877-SOS-FILE (1-877-767-3453)

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">