• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I protect myself and my business???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NYbusinessowner

I own a nightclub in Oneida County NY. I have enough worries about underage drinkers in my club. I can check Identification to make sure this does not happen, but what can I do to prevent drugs from filtering into my establishment? I can't strip search everyone coming in. My question is - what could happen to my business if a customer has drugs on thier possesion and the police come in (which is frequently) and happen to find it - could I be charged in any way? I have friends who will tell me if they know a person does or deals drugs - then I have them removed and also what if I don't have a reason for removing them from my establishment? I coud risk them starting an action against me? This is the first nightclub I started and so far I haven't any troubles. Should I remove them from word of mouth or do I allow them into my establishment and risk (if any) losing my business? I would be thankful if you could find any legal risks involved in this - if there is any?

P

peter

How about taking the OFFENSE.......

Put a big sign at the front door, saying that YOU will prosecute any and all people, who are underage with a false ID, and anyone caught with drugs on the premisis.

And then sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">