• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you legally dissolve a company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anir

My boss helped me start a business of my own and now things have gone sour. I need to dissolve the company. How do I go about it?

JETX

What type of 'company' and what state???
Is/was it incorporated, partnership, proprietorship???

Big problem if a proprietorship. You are personally responsible for the debts. Pay them, then return your business license or registration.

If a corporation, you need to check with your state agency. Could be as simple as pay the debts and close up.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anir:
My boss helped me start a business of my own and now things have gone sour. I need to dissolve the company. How do I go about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">