• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to form an LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Newtobusiness

I live in Ohio and am starting a new business with a partner. We want to do an LLC to protect our personal assets. I see alot of places online to do this but an leary. What do I need to file in the way of local, state and federal forms to get my LLC registered and an EIN number? I need to register my business name but I will also be operating 3 separate businesses and need to somehow note that My company name is XXX and I will be doing business as XYZ.

Brandonl

let me ask you a question, can you operate the business on your own? because having a partner is never the way to go, i would suggest becoming a corp first then develop a business plan, this way it will be easy to get financle investments, Take my word for it never NEVER HAVE A PARTNER unless he is the one with all the ideas, and your just in for the ride ( if thats the case he will eventually try to snake you and undercut you(worst case senario)). good luck

LSCAP

Any decent CPA or Lawyer could get you going.

I have a friend that checked out the local college on line. Found all the information she needed to set up a company or corporation. And being local it also listed the local requirements.

The only thing wrong with a partnership, is having a partner. :)

Seriously I'd guess starting with a partner is okay if you plan on the later possibility of separating and each going off on their own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">