• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to qualify a non-profit in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickjames

What is the name of your state? TX

I currently have a non-profit corporation set up in Texas that I need to qualify in California. On the California Secretary of State website is states that you need to fill out a Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation form as well as a attach a "certificate by an authorized public official" stating that the corporation is in good standing in Texas. What sort of public official are they talking about? Also, is this certificate a form of some sort or just a statement prepared by someone?

seniorjudge

Q: What sort of public official are they talking about? Also, is this certificate a form of some sort or just a statement prepared by someone?

A: I suspect it is a certificate of good standing, which is issued by the bureaucrats who regulate corporations in your state. Some states allow you to get those online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">