• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to starting a business from outside US ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diamondk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Outside US .

Hi everybody ! I'm Diamond and live in Viet Nam . I'm planning a business with amazon . My product is Fashion Accessories ( scarves , hat , gloves ... ) and made in China/Vietnam ( searching manufacture in alibaba.com ... and they will produce my product ) . Labeling my products with own brand , then ship to Amazon's warehouse ( fulfillment by amazon US ) . But i have some problems :

1. Do i need setup a company in US ? LLC is correct ?
2. Do i need register trademark in US ? How long can i use my trademark from purchase ? Can i use the trademark before approved by Gov US ( 8 months - 1 year ) ?
3. I want to know about tax . They talk tax in Nevada is good ( LLC ) . but What is the total amount of annual tax + any fee ?

I'm a small business with my budget under $10,000 USD

Sorry for my englist not good ! But very need your helps ! . Thank you very much .

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Outside US .

Hi everybody ! I'm Diamond and live in Viet Nam . I'm planning a business with amazon . My product is Fashion Accessories ( scarves , hat , gloves ... ) and made in China/Vietnam ( searching manufacture in alibaba.com ... and they will produce my product ) . Labeling my products with own brand , then ship to Amazon's warehouse ( fulfillment by amazon US ) . But i have some problems :

1. Do i need setup a company in US ? LLC is correct ?
2. Do i need register trademark in US ? How long can i use my trademark from purchase ? Can i use the trademark before approved by Gov US ( 8 months - 1 year ) ?
3. I want to know about tax . They talk tax in Nevada is good ( LLC ) . but What is the total amount of annual tax + any fee ?

I'm a small business with my budget under $10,000 USD

Sorry for my englist not good ! But very need your helps ! . Thank you very much .
Diamond, you can delete your other thread. One is all that is necessary. Thanks.

Trademarks in the U.S. do not need to be registered to be offered trademark protection. Rather, trademark rights in the U.S. arise from the use of the trademark in commerce. Therefore, you can market your goods in the U.S. under your trademarked name without registering the name (assuming there is no business service or product in the U.S. already operating in the U.S. with the same name offering the same or similar goods).

For information on U.S. trademark laws, you can go to the U.S. official website: http://www.uspto.gov

There are also international business law "guides" available for download if you search the internet (I provided one link, but it does not seem to work on this site).

For the rest, it sounds very much like you need to sit down with a business professional (an international business law attorney is best) in Viet Nam to go over your business plans - although please wait for others on this forum to offer additional advice and direction.

Thank you for your nice private message, Diamond.

Last edited:

torontocondo

Having same question

Can anyone gives more information on the above topic because I am also struggling with the same question.

quincy

Can anyone gives more information on the above topic because I am also struggling with the same question.
There are some international business law guides available for download, if you search the internet (I provided one link earlier, but it apparently does not work on this site - you can try this one: http://www.state.gov/e/eb/cba/faq/179.htm). You can learn some of what you need to consider before starting a business in the U.S., but you will probably want to sit down with an international business law attorney in your area of the world (Canada?) for advice and direction specific to your type of business.

Edit to add:
torontocondo, you asked this question in another, old thread that you revived, and that thread has been sent back to the archives.

Here is your question: "What benefits I will get if I registered with SEC and also tell me some more information about SEC."

Here is the answer: http://www.sec.gov

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">