• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to structure a property preservation business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LadySchev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am looking into starting a property preservation company in FL. I currently have two S-corps. One is a real estate brokerage corp., and the other is construction services. The construction services s-corp has a fictitious name attached to it becuase I am also providing a homeowner referral network business for contractors. I have several questions...
1. How should i structure the Property Pres. company without starting a new corp? Should it be under the RE Corp or the Construction Serv Corp? Can it even been under the RE Corp?
2. If it is under the Construction corp. can I change owernship of the fictious name and just make that a sole propertiership?
3. Does a Property Preservation company need to be bonded in FL?
4. If one employee is a general contractor can I say we are licensed or if one employee is a real estate broker can we say we arelicensed?
Please help, I would like to get started but not sure how to structure the business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">