• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How will I be taxed if I form an LLC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CitizenT

Hello everyone. Thank you very much for creating this excellent community. It's great to get professional advice.

Here is my question: I'm a German citizen who lives in Germany permanently. I'm planning on forming an LLC in the US without traveling to the US. I know that this is possible and legal.

Now, if my LLC or I gets taxed by the IRS, will I also have to pay tax in Germany on the same business? I operate a website that generates income through the Google advertising program and through the sales of ebooks.

Many thanks.
CitizenT

tranquility

You will need to ask someone who knows German law.

If the reverse were true, you would get a credit for any tax owed in Germany and/or an exclusion on a certain amount of foreign-sourced income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">