• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband was not informed of court date

• Thread starter wifeneedshelp32
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wifeneedshelp32

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? South Carolina

I need help my husband had borrowed money from a family friend to by a business she wanted him to and then the business was not what it said so he worked hard for years to get the profit up and he did to 30% then he could not pay off the loan so he had another woman that wanted the business and she took over the loan. The person he had the loan with released him and his grandmothers estate from any liablity then the woman that took over the loan filed bankrupcy saying the business was sattled with debt and nothing worked which was a lie. Now the woman that relased him and his family went though arbitration with the trustee of the grandmothers estate and setteled. Then they went after my husband in court and never informed him they were doing so. Yesterday we got a phone call telling him his uncle the trustee of the estate got a letter in the mail saying they went to court and found against my husband, with no arbitration on his part and no information on when or where to defend himself. Can they just walk over his constitutional rights like that?? They said they tried to send him a letter certified mail but the only mail we got at the house like that was for me and I am not on the law suit. Does he have a case for appeal? they are putting a judgement against him for $40,000.00 and We do not have that kind of money. HELP FAST I do not want to miss the appeal if we can do one not sure of the time we have to file one.

M

Meursault

Your post makes absolutely no sense and even if I COULD follow the trail of each and every fragment, the advice would be the same. You need to contact a local attorney who can review a transcript of the final court proceedings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">