+ Reply to Thread
    yayo113 Guest

i am a drywall subcontractor and have not recieved payment for a recent job. if payment is not recieved promptly i will need to file a lean. unfortunately, i have never went through this process. i conduct my business in the state of iowa, and i need instructions on how to file this lean. thank you
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yayo113:
    i am a drywall subcontractor and have not recieved payment for a recent job. if payment is not recieved promptly i will need to file a lean. unfortunately, i have never went through this process. i conduct my business in the state of iowa, and i need instructions on how to file this lean. thank you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the courthouse and ask for the forms and instructions to file an Application for Mechanics Lien.

Similar Threads

1. What about a lean ?
    By jastockwell-123 in forum Buying & Selling a Home
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
  2. Lean
    By Zapper in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2002, 01:28 PM
  3. Property Lean
    By tmsugi in forum Other Real Estate Law Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2002, 11:21 AM
  4. Is there a lean on my home?
    By pininas in forum Buying & Selling a Home
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2002, 01:00 PM
  5. lean
    By cathie in forum Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning