• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was robbed of $10,000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afshinmoshrefi

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I tried a business opportunity with someone in Michigan. The opportunity was misrepresented and my $10,000 investment seems lost. I have contacted the person who is head of the company which is selling this business opportunity but have not heard back.

what are my legal options to get my money back?

BizMan

Sue

Sounds like a open and shut case. Take the contract to an attorney and tell him/her about everything and then sue for your money back and then some.

Portia

Welcome to the club

Sounds similar of what happened to me, only this company is located in Farmingdale, NY. I lost $10,000 investment, too. Trouble is if you sue the court can make a judgment for you that this company does indeed owe you your $10,000 (plus possibly court/lawyer costs), but will you actually get your money in hand? There's the rub. Also, in my case, I'm making a report to the State AGs office. So you might want to do the same. Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">