• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If issue 3 passes in Ohio and issue 2 fails...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My question is two-fold. It depends on issue 3 passing and issue 2 failing.

First question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3n5fxd/if_issue_3_in_ohio_passes_and_issue_2_fails_would/

If issue 3 passes and issue 2 fails, would it be legal to create a marijuana bar using the same loophole that allows hookah bars to exist, and allows people to smoke inside tobacco stores?

Second question:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18704

Is there some way I could legally fund the creation of such a business by issuing a UIA on the Bitshares blockchain and then using future profits to buy back the shares? I would imagine that there's no precedent for this sort of thing.

I'm willing to take quite a bit of risk for the privilege of serving the marijuana community while simultaneously showing people one of the uses for blockchain technology, not to mention possibly making a living doing something I would truly love.

Last edited:

Silverplum

LOL at almost all of it, particularly "wrapping" our heads around your "concept" and "beefing up." hahahahahaha!

You will need to HIRE an attorney.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My question is two-fold. It depends on issue 3 passing and issue 2 failing.

First question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3n5fxd/if_issue_3_in_ohio_passes_and_issue_2_fails_would/

If issue 3 passes and issue 2 fails, would it be legal to create a marijuana bar using the same loophole that allows hookah bars to exist, and allows people to smoke inside tobacco stores?

Second question, this one might be a little more difficult to wrap your head around, you may want to beef up on what Bitshares is before replying:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18704

Is there some way I could legally fund the creation of such a business by issuing a UIA on the Bitshares blockchain and then using future profits to buy back the shares? I would imagine that there's no precedent for this sort of thing.

I'm willing to take quite a bit of risk for the privilege of serving the marijuana community while simultaneously showing people one of the uses for blockchain technology, not to mention possibly making a living doing something I would truly love.

LOL at almost all of it, particularly "wrapping" our heads around your "concept" and "beefing up." hahahahahaha!

You will need to HIRE an attorney.
Well to somebody who has no idea what Bitcoin, or a blockchain is, it could be a lot to take in- it took me a while anyway, that's why I want to run a bar instead of programming or something.

I will accept explanations as to why this is such a hilarious idea, but why condescend me that way without saying much else?

Silverplum

Well to somebody who has no idea what Bitcoin, or a blockchain is, it could be a lot to take in- it took me a while anyway, that's why I want to run a bar instead of programming or something.

I will accept explanations as to why this is such a hilarious idea, but why condescend me that way without saying much else?
Your idea is not hilarious (to me) -- it's your attitude, wording, and lofty expectations of this site.

Your idea is not hilarious (to me) -- it's your attitude, wording, and lofty expectations of this site.
Well, I have contacted several attorneys already, and am awaiting replies.

But I'm not going to be able to afford to retain one until the plan is already in motion, so I'm thinking about just diving in head first consequences be damned. So I'm taking advantage of the resources that are available to me right now.

Okay, maybe it was a little patronizing to phrase the part about Bitshares that way, my apologies. But the plan is plausible, and there is an already established business in St. ****** about to gain some funds in this manner. I just wanted to see what people have to say about the idea.

I don't have any expectations of this site, except for maybe a little bit of free legal advice. Is that not what it's here for?

EDIT: Also, I will concede that I've never been the most tactful person. I see what you mean about the wording, and expectations of this site. I'm just here to brainstorm. How can I improve my attitude about this subject?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">